Tuesday 23 February 2010

Abi Buxton



Age: 27
Lives: Canterbury, Kent

I have been working as a physiotherapist for the NHS in Kent for over 6 years. I started out at a hospital in Canterbury where I completed my junior rotations and since 2005 I have been working in an outpatient department in Herne Bay, for Eastern and Coastal Kent PCT. As well treating patients with musculoskeletal problems, I am a practice educator for students training to join the profession and a work place steward for the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
In my free time I enjoy pilates, tennis, swimming, music, theatre, film and travelling. My family are mainly based in Brussels which means that whenever I get the chance, I can either be found on the ferry or Eurostar!

Taking part in this Group Study Exchange is an opportunity of a lifetime. During the exchange, I am hoping to:
· Get greater insight into Rotary and the humanitarian work that they do, by spending time at different clubs across the district.
· Learn more about the American Health Care System, in particular the physiotherapist’s role within it.
· Find out more about the training of physiotherapists in Higher Education.
· Have the opportunity to meet new people, spend time with families and club members and discover more about New Hampshire and Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment