Tuesday 23 February 2010

Richard Smith



Age: 26
Lives: Bexhill, East Sussex

I work for a company called Maybo that strives to reduce the risk of conflict and violence in workplaces. I joined Maybo in 2006 and my role is now Head of Operations.

This GSE programme represents a unique experience that I hope will significantly improve my knowledge and understanding of my profession and US/UK cultural differences. By spending time experiencing similar professions to mine in a range of US organisations I hope to gain new perspectives, have the opportunity to share my learning with US peers and most importantly benefit from sharing their learning.

The exchange is a really important step in my professional development and advancement. I need to gain a broader understanding and experience of business management although I am very committed to my current employer and so I am actively seeking opportunities to diversify my experience whilst remaining in my current organisation. This GSE programme provides a unique opportunity for me to achieve this.

I am confident that participating in this programme will directly improve my ability to excel in my job and the insight I will gain into US professional culture will also be specifically useful to my employer as Maybo implements its strategy for expansion into North America.
I had little prior knowledge of Rotary International and I’m looking forward to being more involved with the organisation and the great work they do as part of this trip and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment