Tuesday 23 February 2010

Hayley Richardson





Hayley Richardson
Age: 26
Lives: Maidstone, Kent

After joining Demelza Hospice Care for Children in January 2009 I finally feel I have found my niche in life; this is what I am meant to do. I had been searching for “that job”, the one that makes you jump out of bed, even on a rainy Monday morning, and I have found it!!

Every day I come into contact with individuals, from all walks of like, from all age groups, organisations and social groups. I hear stories of the most amazing people doing the most spectacular things in aid of Demelza to improve the lives of children they may never meet, for families they will never know.

The Group Study Exchange Programme will offer me many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. I will be looking to:-







  • take my experience as a fundraiser and look at building upon this with the experiences and expertise of the people that I will be lucky enough to meet on the exchange



  • gain an understanding of fundraising activity within local charities and Rotary Clubs; how the economic climate is changing the fundraising activity in America



  • having the opportunity to spend time with families and club members learning about the differences in our cultures



  • maybe even building a long term link between two charities across the Atlantic



I will no doubt return with a head full of ideas, heaps of experience which will enable me to progress my career within the charity sector. I also hope to gain a greater understanding of Rotary International and use the experience to work closer with the clubs in my district on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment