Tuesday 23 February 2010

Charlotte Jones





Charlotte Jones
Age: 29
Lives: Whitstable, Kent

I work in Extended Services for Kent County Council. This involves supporting schools in developing extra services that will benefit the children and their families such as after-school clubs and adult education classes. I enjoy spending time with friends and family. My main hobby is a martial art called taekwon-do.

The Group Study Exchange Programme will offer me a wealth of opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. I hope that the experience will provide the following:







  • a good insight into the education system in New Hampshire and Vermont, with particular focus on Extended Services



  • an understanding of the issues faced by schools, families and communities and the systems for tackling these issues



  • a knowledge of what agencies that work together and how new initiatives are implemented, both in terms of strategy development and funding



  • the opportunity to spend time with local people, discovering their hobbies and interests and getting to know their way of life.



I hope to be inspired, surprised, and to come back with something I had not foreseen. I anticipate that this trip will be the opportunity of a life time, not only in terms of the potential for career development, but also for the friendships I hope to make as a global citizen, creating lasting links with another part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment