Sunday 2 May 2010

Host Families - Bow/Concord Rotary







Thursday 22nd April till Sunday 25th April

Richard

I am staying with Linda and Jay for the next few nights so headed off with them to Canterbury. After a really beautiful journey we pulled into their drive and up to the lovely house. It’s surrounded by woodland and very peaceful. Linda cooked a really great dinner, with steak and sweet potato fries! After a couple of beers and some great chat I headed to bed ready for another exciting and packed day on Friday. I spent a wonderful 4 days with Linda and Jay, we had a great trip into the mountains, visited Canterbury Shaker Village and had lots of fun.

Hayley
I was warmly welcomed by Gale, Leon and Stanley the Chocolate Lab. Gale showed me around there lovely home and introduced me to my bedroom for the next four nights. When Leon returned from work we headed out to the local Mexican Restaurant.

My four night stay was so lovely; the house was beautiful. During the stay I met one of Leon’s Daughters over a Cook Out, it was excellent to be introduced into the family. On Sunday Gale and I collected her Daughter Alisha and went for a day of shopping!!! Gale and Leon have kindly offered me a bed during my extended stay so I was able to leave my shopping with them!!

Charlotte
I spent four days in the lovely home of Chris and Janine Parkinson in Bow. They have 3 children and 3 grand children (one more on the way!) They both made me feel so welcome from the moment I arrived (including their great dog, Mika!) People had said to me prior to the trip that our host families could start to feel like an extended family right away. I hadn't really believed them - but I do now! Highlights include the first evening when I got to know them (and also their lovely neighbours) at dinner, chatting over breakfast, going to the Mexican restaurant, relaxing in the lounge in the evenings........actually, everything was enjoyable! We all loved Chris' singing and guitar playing - it created such a nice atmosphere and it was great that he shared this with us all. Chris' fellow Rotarian took me to the Redsox which was awesome! I am so overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and generosity to this English girl they have only just met!

Abi
In Bow I stayed with Paul and Christina Ebbs, their daughter Jessy, son Nick, cat Snowy and dogs Carlin and Misty. During my time with them I was introduced to new food (elk meat) and games (I lost at Parcheesi) and by the end of my stay I felt like a member of the family! Thank you again for everything and hopefully it won't be long before I come back to visit.

Ruth
My hosts were Steve and Noreen Christensen. Steve is the D7870 team Leader that visited D1120 last Sept/October. I was made to feel to welcome and felt very at home. Steve and Noreen - thank you for your kind and generous hospitality.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely to read about all your experiences! We are so looking forward; a) to following you to NH in June and b) hearing all about it when you return. SO proud of you all. Jill xxx and Euan

    ReplyDelete