Friday 7 May 2010

Host Families - Keene Elm City Rotary and Rotary Club of Keene – Saturday 1st May till Monday 3rd May


Abi
In Keene Richard and I were hosted by Peg and Harry Wolhandler in the historical town of Harrisville. As their house was situated on Harris Pond I had the opportunity to try out my rowing skills. It turns out that I’m useless but I still blame the oars! It was a shame that we didn’t get to spend longer with them but thank you for looking after us. Hopefully if I get the chance to come back my rowing/kayaking skills will have improved.

Richard
Harry and Peg were very kind in taking Abi and me into their home for a couple of days. The have a lovely place on the edge of a lake and the panoramic views from their windows are breathtaking. We had good fun on Sunday morning when the girls took the rowing boat out and Harry and I explored the lake in his canoe.

Hayley
I was lucky enough to be hosted by Judith and her two dogs Murphy and Prozac! Ruth and Charlotte also stayed at the house. Due to the short stay in Keene we were unable to spend that much time with Judith but she made us all feel very welcome.
Judith also hosted the Pot Luck evening for the team which was lovely as so many Rotarians and their family attended. Thank you for your kind hospitability in your beautiful home.

Charlotte
In Keene, Ruth, Hayley and I stayed with Judith Putzel in her beautiful home in the woods. We were very warmly greeted by Judith's 2 golden retrievers, Murphy and Prozac! Judith hosted a lovely pot luck dinner for the group and local Rotarians on Sunday evening and this was a great chance to meet everyone over some great food and drinks. We were with Judith for just a couple of nights and it is a shame we couldn't stay longer!

Ruth
My host in Keene was Judith Putzel who had two beautiful homes - the 'summer house' and the 'winter house'. I was staying in the winter house with Hayley and Charlotte but Judith said during warm summer moths sometimes she did not decide until bedtime which house she would sleep in. She has two dogs Riley and Prozac (Judiths therapy) and a life-size model of a 3rd Labrador in the hallway. We were made very welcome and Judith hosted the Sunday evening potluck dinner for all the team and their hosts. A brief but happy stay. thank you Judith.

No comments:

Post a Comment